« Home | Selfless-Selfish Frugality Tip: Save Gas » | Checking Account Solution » | Tax deadline: April 17th » | Why I Don't Want Signature Debit Cards » | Thank You Citi!! » | Do I Really Need A Brick And Mortar Bank? » | Investment Gems » | Woohoo! ... I'm The Winner » | Added Blogroll and Links » | Why Supermarket Overcharging Me? » 

Wednesday, April 12, 2006 

Simple Steps To Begin Investing

Albert Crenshaw at the Washington Post has an excellent article on investing. If you are a "personal finance expert" you may find his advice quite basic, but if you are someone young just joining the work force it is well worth reading it. Some of the points I liked are:
  • His emphasizes for young people about how time is on their side.
  • He kind of outlines what should be the order of saving and investing, and how you should be doing it. He goes into quite detail about checking accounts, 401(k), Roth IRA.
  • And I liked his first law of holes :)
A long article but work reading, I would say again a must read for anyone just entering the workforce.